Our team signed up to run the 2020 New York City Marathon for TEAM FOX to benefit the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF). The 2020 New York City Marathon would have been the 50th anniversary of the NYC Marathon. Unfortunately, the 2020 NYC Marathon has been cancelled due to Covid-19, but the search for a cure for Parkinson's disease continues. Although we will not be running the NYC Marathon until 2021, we are actively seeking donations now as funds are urgently needed to continue the Michael J. Fox Foundation's aggressive research agenda
In lieu of the 2020 NYC Marathon, we have organized the TEAM FOX TOUGH 2020 virtual New York Marathon Relay on November 1, 2020. Unlike the official virtual 2020 NYC Marathon, our event is a fun event for runners and walkers of all abilities. The purpose of our event is to support the efforts of the Michael J. Fox Foundation to raise awareness and funds for Parkinson's disease research. We are hoping to get as many people as we can to participate in the event, and to share our efforts via photos and live video on social media. Please join our efforts to SPEED A CURE FOR PARKINSON's DISEASE by running/walking at least one of the relay legs of our virtual marathon relay with us, or on your own by race day, and/or supporting one of the runners on our team, or by sponsoring a mile of our virtual marathon
TEAM FOX TOUGH
2020 VIRTUAL NYC MARATHON RELAY
A socially distanced event
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
JULIA CHU and MIKE MORRIS
JULIA CHU and MIKE MORRIS
We have divided the 26.2 mile NYC Marathon course into 5 segments of different lengths (2 kilometers to 1/2 marathon). Our 2020 NYC marathon fundraising team will run the segments virtually one after another as a relay on November 1, 2020. We are hoping to recruit as many runners/walkers as we can to participate in one or more of the segments with us to raise awareness and funds for Parkinson's disease research. We hope to share pictures and videos of our participants from around the country on social media.
Please support our team and HELP SPEED A CURE for Parkinson's disease.
1) RUN/WALK at least one of the 5 legs of the virtual NYC Marathon with our fundraising team virtually on November 1st, or at any time on your own before November 1st. A runner can run a single leg as an individual or as a member of a team of runners. (See information below regarding teams). Please submit pictures/videos wearing your TEAM FOX TOUGH shirt - details to follow.
2) RECRUIT a team of runners - Team members can all run the same leg or run different legs. The team members can run any time before November 1st, or can run virtually with our fundraising team on November 1st.
3) SPONSOR A MILE ($100 minimum) - click on the SPONSOR A MILE button for further instructions.
4) MAKE A GENERAL DONATION - in support of one of the runners on our fundraising team. Click on the link below which will take you to our team page. Click on the runner you wish to support and make a donation.
DATE: Participate virtually with our funrdraising team on Sunday, November 1, 2020 (as an individual or as part of a team) or participate on your own prior to November 1, 2020
TIME: start times (Eastern Standard time) of the 5 legs by our virtual marathon fundraising team on Nov. 1, 2020 - start with us virtually for one of the relay legs if you would like to be included in our live social media broadcast
9:00 am - Verrazno Bridge 4K (2.48 miles)
10:00 am - Brooklyn to Queens Half Marathon
12:30 pm - Queensboro Bridge Hill Climb - 2.1 K (1.3 miles)
1:00 pm - TOUGH it out 10K
2:30 pm - Central Park 5K
COST: $30/person - includes TEAM FOX TOUGH T-shirt (see below) and 2 raffle tickets
1) Click the button below to complete the registration form.
-There is a place on the form to indicate whether you are registering as an individual or as part of a team. We ask that members of a team sign up as soon as possible; additional team members can be added up until October 31st.
-A registration form for each runner is required.
2) Payment for the event will be directly via a donation on our TEAM FOX- 2020 NYC Marathon team page. Click on the button below and you will be directed ro our team fundraising page. Click on the DONATE button on the fundraising page to process payment for the race. Thank you.
RAFFLE: Click on the raffle button on the menu bar - being updated regularly wth new raffle prizes
1) TEAM WITH THE MOST RUNNERS - each runner will receive a CHUMS
SURFSHORTS WALLET - $9.95 value
The perfect stash wallet with disappearing key ring
Durable rip-stop nylon
Two zip pockets for cards and cash
All in one compact size fits small pockets
Outside ID window
Dimensions: 4.5" x 3"
2) TEAM THAT RAISES THE MOST MONEY - $150 donation to the charity of the team captain's choice (eg your TEAM FOX page for TEAM FOX members), second place team - $100 to the charity of that team - money raised includes race entries and non-race donations directly recruited by the team captain(s). Please note that captains must submit names of all team participants including non runner donors by October 31, 2020. **Award contingent upon the winning team having at least 4 runners. Additionally, if the team that raises the most money is the same as the one with the most runners, that team can choose which prize to accept.
3) MOST CREATIVE PHOTO/VIDEO SUBMITTED - $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD - WITH TEAM FOX TOUGH T-shirt - must be submitted by November 2nd (details to follow) - Our fundriasing team will be the judges.
QUESTIONS -click to send email
TEAM FOX TOUGH T-shirt
-included with race entry
Women’s High Waisted LONG WORKOUT SHORTS/ACTIVE SHORT/COMPRESSION SHORT with Pocket and Tummy Control
available for purchase $32-race participants/$36 for others
unique waistband design
with built in 360 degree pocket
High waistband eliminates muffin-top and high waisted design offers effective compression for smooth lines, tummy support and flattering fit! Two slits on front, inside of band open to UNLIMITED 360” tubular POCKET for unlimited storage of your phone, keys and cash! Grab your essentials and GO! waisted design offers effective compression for smooth lines, tummy support and flattering fit! Two slits on front, inside of band open to UNLIMITED 360” tubular POCKET for unlimited storage of your phone, keys and cash! Grab your essentials and GO!
-While quantities last, a free pair of the compression shorts will be given to a registered runner who recruits at least 3 additional participants to the event.
SUPPORT PARKINSON'S RESEARCH
The MICHAEL J. FOX FOUNDATION
is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda
and to ensuring the development of improved therapies
for those living with Parkinson's today.
Their model is different.
They invest in high risk, high reward research targets
and have been successful.
THE MICHAEL J. FOX FOUNDATION
FOR PARKINSON'S RESEARCH
IS THE LARGEST NON-PROFIT FUNDER
OF PARKINSON'S RESEARCH
100% OF FUNDS RAISED THROUGH TEAM FOX EVENTS
GO DIRECTLY TO PARKINSON'S RESEARCH
THANKS TO THE GENEROSITY OF AN ANONYMOUS DONOR
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.